Hi, Oleg.  You wrote:

I don't see the problem - you can have a dictionary, which does all work
on recognizing bare letters and output several versions. Have you seen
unaccent
dictionary ?

This seems to be the direction that everyone is suggesting, and I'm quite grateful for that. (I really hadn't ever needed to deal with such issues in the past, having worked mostly with English and Hebrew, which don't have such accent marks.)

As for the unaccent dictionary, I hadn't heard of it before, but just saw it now in contrib, and it looks like it might fit perfectly. I'll take a look; thanks for the suggestion.

Reuven

--
Reuven M. Lerner -- Web development, consulting, and training
Mobile: +972-54-496-8405 * US phone: 847-230-9795