On 15.05.2012 14:07, Tom Lane wrote:
Condor <con...@stz-bg.com> writes:
today when I do select relname, last_autovacuum, last_vacuum from
pg_stat_all_tables I see last_vacuum and autovacuum fields is empty.
This its seems strange for me, because every night crontab start at
01:10 am a vacuum script that do:
reindex, vacuum full and vacuum analyze. I run vacuumdb not vacuum from
command line. I use posgresql 9.1.3.

I think last_vacuum tracks regular vacuums, not vacuum full.

This maintenance procedure seems like something that would have been
appropriate back with postgres 7.something, anyway.  Do you have any
evidence that you need it at all?  autovacuum works reasonably well
for most people, and in any case it seems unlikely that you need a
daily vacuum full or reindex.

                        regards, tom lane

I use vacuum full because I have huge tables that every night is deleted (truncated) and I want my space back. I did not use autovacuum because in past some times I lost data when is inserted. In past is happened once every month or two some record just missing.

Cheers,
 C.