On 8/1/2012 5:29 PM, Edson Richter wrote:
> I have few PostgreSQL servers established with replication.
> Now, is there any way to receive an e-mail in case of error during
> synchronization?
> I mean, is there an script I can run (maybe every 5 minutes) that will
> check if replication is stolen, and send an e-mail in case of failure?
>
> Thanks,
> --

I wrote a small program that goes to each of the servers in the
replication group and checks its status on the log, computes the
difference, and if off by more than "X" bytes prints a notification.

If this is run from the cron it will remain silent unless the offset is
breached at which point it will emit an email to the submitting owner of
the job.

--
-- Karl Denninger
/The Market Ticker ®/ <http://market-ticker.org>