On 20 November 2012 01:30, Craig Ringer <cr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Otherwise you'll have to translate error handling mechanisms at every
> boundary between C++ and Pg code, something I'm not even certain is
> possible to do reliably.

I think it's probably the case that PLV8 is the most mature example of
wrapping a C++ library that is liable to throw C++ exceptions within
Postgres backend code, in a sane way (that is, avoiding unwinding the
stack via longjmp() over a part of the stack where a destructor needs
to be called, which is undefined in C++).

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/