Hi,

It's been covered a few times in the past,
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/banlktimft4ohqkb6y7m4wqrffpwnutp...@mail.gmail.com
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/partial-indexes-not-used-on-parameterized-queries-td2121027.html

but in a nutshell, partial indices do not play nicely with prepared statements
because
whether the index is valid or not cannot be known at query plan time.

I am curious if there is any development on this?  I have looked around but
don't see any activity
(whether Simon's "I have a patch but don't hold your breath" or otherwise).

I ask largely because we use prepared statements everywhere and this makes it
very hard
to use partial indices, which would offer us significant performance gains.

Does anyone know of any acceptable workaround?  Is there continued interest in
maybe improving the PostgreSQL behavior in this case?

Thanks!
Steven Schlansker