On 16 March 2013 19:10, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Alban Hertroys <haram...@gmail.com> writes:
> > If there's actually something wrong with the database; it looks a bit
> like your tables and your indexes get out of sync somehow, which normally
> wouldn't be possible. I'm mostly guessing, but perhaps one of the below has
> something to do with it:
> > Maybe you turned fsync off?
> > What type of index is that? A standard btree or one of the newer types?
> > Are those tables and indexes perhaps on some kind of virtual storage or
> on a file-system that might be rolling back file-system transactions? It
> this database perhaps a replicated node?
>
> More generally: since we're not hearing this type of complaint from
> other people, there must be something pretty unusual about your
> installation.  You've provided no information that would suggest what,
> though.  Aside from Alban's questions, some other things come to mind:
>
> * is that a plain text column, or some other data type?
> * what collation/ctype is your database using?
> * what nondefault parameter settings are you using?
> * where did you get the Postgres executables from?  Some distro (whose)?
>   If they're self-built, what compiler and configuration settings did
>   you use?
> * what platform is this?  I would not rule out kernel bugs or flaky
>   hardware.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

* it is varchar columns, 256 and 32 symbols length
* encoding, collation and ctype: UTF8, en_US.utf8, en_US.utf8
* autovacuum, fsync off, full_page_writes = on, wal_writer_delay = 500ms,
commit_delay = 100, commit_siblings = 10, checkpoint_timeout = 20min,
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.7
* postgres 9.2.3 installed via yum repository for version 9.2
* 64 bit Centos 6, installed and updated from yum repository

--
Oleg V Alexeev
E:oalex...@gmail.com