Hi,
>json_send like all send functions is internal.  Not all functions available in
>the
>catalog are exposed through SQL -- for example they may be used to serialize
>data for transmission over the wire.  If you can handle C you can hunt down
>the location of the function to see what it does (which isn't much since json
>is
>an already serialized format).
OK. That explains it. I was wondering why we have quite a few functions under
pg_catalog and just a few in the documentation. Thank you.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER: "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact
the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no
warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or
completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and
is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss
or damage, if any, direct or indirect."