On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM, bobJobS <russelljan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am currently working for the Government and there is a huge push to move
> our Oracle databases to a FOSS database solution. Right now, PostgreSQL is
> high on the list.
>
> What we need is a meeting/training session with the main contributors to
> Postgres to help facilitate solutions of some of the Oracle functionality
> Postgres. This may be an opportunity to gather Government requirements for
> additional Postgres releases. The meeting would be in the Columbia area.
>
> Some of our needs:
> Package structure similar to Oracle
> Parallel queries
> Multi Master Replication
>
> Some of the names I've seen
> Tom Lane
> Robert Haas
> Greg Smith
> Simon Riggs
>
> Please let me know if a meeting is possible. There is another in-house
> meeting April 17th where I would like to pass on contact information or
> needs from the contributors.

I would suggest you consider attending pgcon, as many of the major
developers will be there, including many committers (both those you have
mentioned and others). I'm sure several of these topics will already be
covered there, and there's also an unconference day that is open for any
topic.

See http://www.pgcon.org/2014/.

No, it's not in the Columbia area (any of them), but on the other hand,
there will be experts from all over the world there.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/