On 4/23/15 3:15 PM, Edson Richter wrote:
My question would sound stupid... you have 10Gb shared buffer, but how
much physical memory on this server?
How have you configured the kernel swappines, overcommit_memoryt,
overcommit_ratio?
Have you set anything different in shmmax or shmall?

I don't think this is an OS thing at all. That error messages is pretty associated with this code:

#define MaxAllocSize    ((Size) 0x3fffffff)             /* 1 gigabyte - 1 */

#define AllocSizeIsValid(size)  ((Size) (size) <= MaxAllocSize)

If malloc failed you'd get an actual out of memory error, not a notice.

We need more information from the OP about what they're doing.