What you suggest is a new column type, and that would be something that
needs to be reviewed and implemented by the PostgreSQL developers. Since it
is not a SQL standard, I doubt it has much chance of implementation. That
being said, you should understand that all triggers require the need for an
associated trigger function. A simpler way to accomplish "WORM" is with a
RULE.
EG:
CREATE RULE table_worm AS ON UPDATE TO your_table WHERE NEW.your_column <>
OLD your_column DO NOTHING.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-createrule.html

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you