On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Marc Mamin <m.ma...@intershop.de> wrote:

> Any rule of the thumb with which number of pages per relation it is worth
> to start indexing ?

The code for the monitoring tool check_postgres uses table size larger than
5.12kb as a rule of thumb, expecting that for tables smaller than 5.12kb
the planner may choose a sequential scan instead because the table is so
small. check_postgres was written a long time ago though, so someone who is
more familiar with the optimizer may be able to provide a better estimate.

*Will J. Dunn*
*willjdunn.com <http://willjdunn.com>*