On 07/27/2015 08:07 AM, Herouth Maoz wrote:

On 27 ביולי 2015, at 16:55, Melvin Davidson <melvin6...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you are running Linux (please ALWAYS give the O/S ), then this could have
been caused by the sys admin doing a system shutdown.

Yes, sorry about that, as I previously answered Adrian Klaver, the OS is Debian
Gnu/Linux 7.

But I did mention that the machine has not been restarted (it currently has a
45 day uptime). And the sysadmin says he didn’t do anything on that machine on
that day.

Otherwise, anyone that can sudo to postgres could also have potentially issued a
pg_ctl stop.

The only people with access to that machine are myself (through ssh to the
postgres account) and the sysadmin. That machine is basically a dedicated
database server.

I strongly suggest you review the _system_ logs for a possible hint as to whom
could have done that. Also, consider adding the user name into the log prefix
( #   %u = user name )

I’ve asked the sysadmin to look at the system logs. I’ll consider the user name
suggestion. Thank you.

Something about this thread rang a bell. Doing some searching I found:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6a94a18e-4a2d-4179-83cd-fdbbdf856...@unicell.co.il

So how did you deal with the thread topic?

Herouth

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com