Hello everyone!

The context of this is using BDR to implement a HA solution where we  have
one node getting all connections at a time, if the node fails we move all
connections to another node. (eg. only one node gets all connections at any
given time).

I am looking for help / advice on how to answer the following question I
was presented with:

"BDR is only one in Beta compare to stable options:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling.
Not sure why this solution would be chosen. Experience with pgpool is that
you only needed to change a port and no SQL changes required on an
application side."

I appreciate any input as to pros/cons of BDR vs PGPool-II v3 in this
context.

  ~Wayne

Wayne E. Seguin
wayneeseg...@gmail.com