Since you are just starting, you should probably familarize yourself with
how PgAdmin works with PostgreSQL.
Therefore, it is best you refer to the documentation for PgAdmin.

PgAdmin III
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.20/index.html

I also suggest you obtain a copy of one, or both, of the following two
books to help you with PostgreSQL.

Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL: From Novice to Professional
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590594789?keywords=postgresql&qid=1445778326&ref_=sr_1_3&s=books&sr=1-3

PostgreSQL Administration Essentials
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1783988983?keywords=postgresql&qid=1445778326&ref_=sr_1_7&s=books&sr=1-7

You can also find a very extensive listing of other books about PostgreSQL
here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/