Thanks.
After reading, I've run some tests and found no storage changes in tables moving from varchar(2000) to text. Actually, the biggest change is that I don't have to keep another constraint between app and database - if I want to increase the user perceived space, now I just have to change the application (of course, under the limits).

Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter