On 01/28/2016 09:41 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
So, IOW, and the answer to my question is yes, it should be insured that
all pages involved are physically adjacent (by design or by pre-sort)
before creating a BRIN on them.
Further to the point, it is self defeating to have more than one BRIN
index on the table if the columns involved would have mutually
non-adjacent pages.
Therefore, it actually would be good to state that in the documentation,
even it were just a comment.

BRIN indexes are best used on INSERT only tables with a sequence of numbers as a PK or indexed column that will be queried against. At least as I understand it.

JD

                     +1-503-667-4564