On Feb 1, 2016, at 6:58 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:

> You can query the statistics portion of the database to get some basic
> statistics of the form mentioned.

Yeah, i didn't think there would be support.  The stats collector doesn't have
the info that I want... it's focused on how the data is used.  I'm more
interested in what the data is.

Basically I want to compare the distribution of index "keys".  In the case of a
substring index, comparing the distribution at 3,4,5,6,7,8 characters.  based
on that, i can run some server tests on different lengths, and the stats
collector comes into play.  i'm taking a blind stab on some index contents, and
want to be a bit more educated.

anyways, I eventually realized that I may be better just pulling the columns
and running some offline analytics (it could be done in sql, but the results
would be nicer as a graph).