On Apr 20, Tom Lane modulated:
> Karl Czajkowski <kar...@isi.edu> writes:
> >   CREATE POLICY delete_stuff ON stuff
> >   FOR DELETE USING ('example attribute value' = ANY ( ((SELECT
> > current_attributes()))::text[] ));
>
> Just out of curiosity, why are you doing it like that, and not simply
>
> USING ('example attribute value' = ANY (current_attributes()))
>
> It seems like you're going out of your way to complicate matters.
>
>                       regards, tom lane

Going out of my way to complicate matters is my specialty. :-)

I spend more of my time writing programs that generate and transform
SQL from domain-specific languages, rather than writing SQL by
hand. In this case, I think I composed the subquery reflexively
without thinking that there is a more direct idiom for this case...

Karl