On 06/17/2016 09:01 AM, Catalin Maftei wrote:

Please do not top post:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

well,

the for your reply,

we have PG on linux ubuntu 14.04 distribution, but pls remember this
issue started when our DB size increase to 3-5GB, now it is 16GB.

See Merlins post about locking:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHyXU0zm5N6WjnPuxc%3Dzx6ihDfkZai3BMS2WiR1%2BituV%3Dm8gFg%40mail.gmail.com

this happend only when we use "*CREATE OR REPLACE"*

since I can run a query and get reply all the time in less than 1sec,
why do you consider "CREATE A VIEW" on the remote server is a bad idea?

It is not necessarily a bad idea. Just that running the command locally on the server takes the whole intervening network out of the loop and establishes a base point to work from. Troubleshooting is as much about eliminating things as finding things.

I have 1Gb connection between my laptop (windows 7/10) and remote server.

Best regards,
Catalin Maftei
www.plationline.eu
www.livrarionline.ro