On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 01:58:25PM -0400, Rakesh Kumar wrote:

> I am surprised PG does not even allow minor version rollback.

It almost never happens that a minor version (N.M.x, x is minor)
requires an upgrade at all.  Change your binaries and you're done.
Catalogue incompatibility historically was the basis for something
becoming a major version upgrade.  (I can recall a couple bugs where
you had to tickle the catalogues, so it's not exactly true that
they're never incompatible, but it's incredibly rare.)

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
a...@crankycanuck.ca