On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com>
wrote:

> On 09/21/2016 02:23 AM, Patrick B wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm exporting some data for testing purpose.
>>
>>     COPY (SELECT
>>             name_first
>>             name_last,
>>             email,
>>             company
>>     FROM
>>             clients
>>     )
>>     TO '/var/lib/pgsql/test1.csv' DELIMITER ',' csv HEADER QUOTE '"';
>>

>>  cat /var/lib/pgsql/test1.csv
>>
>>     "","",hiddenem...@hotmail.com
>>     <mailto:hiddenem...@hotmail.com>,"",John Wayne
>>

> In your COPY you have fields and in the CSV file you have five.
> Are you looking at the correct file?
>

>> See how the email and the company aren't into two "?
>>

> Have no idea what you are trying to say.
>
> hiddenem...@hotmail.com looks like a correct email to me.
>
> Maybe if you show what the data is in the table?
>

>> *What I need is:*
>>
>>     "","","hiddenem...@hotmail.com
>>     <mailto:hiddenem...@hotmail.com>","","John Wayne"
>>

>> I thought that by putting QUOTE the COPY would do that?
>>
>> Is there any way I can put the " into those fields?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.kla...@aklaver.com
>

> --

Perhaps you mean you want to quote of all strings? For that you use FORCE
QUOTE.
eg:
    COPY (SELECT
            name_first
            name_last,
            email,
            company
    FROM
            clients
    )
    TO '/var/lib/pgsql/test1.csv' DELIMITER ','
     csv HEADER QUOTE '"';
     FORCE QUOTE name_first, name_last, email, company;

Please RTFM
*https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/sql-copy.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/sql-copy.html>*
--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you