hi,

   We are able to start the postgres from command line without any issue,
if postgres is registered as windows service and tried to start it, we are
facing an issue .

*Problem:*

We have registered postgres(version 9.3.4) as windows service on windows
2008 R2 and registration got succeeded.

we are performing below 2 commands to register postgres as windows service

*<fullpath>pg_ctl.exe register -N "prostgresService" -D
"fullpath_to_data_directory" -W*

*>sc description prostgresService "prostgresService Applicatio*
*n Server Database Service"*

when we try to start the service from services manager(services.msc) it is
failing and popping up below message

*"The prostgres service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or
programs "*

postgres does not even create log and its directory pg_log in pgsql\data
directory.

windows event log has a message

*The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found.
Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local
computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the
component on the local computer.*

*If the event originated on another computer, the display information had
to be saved with the event.*

*The following information was included with the event: *

*Timed out waiting for server startup*

could you please help us how to start, we are clueless since postgres is
not creating log except windows event log.

thanks in advance
Phani Kumar