On 08/11/2016 03:27, kaustubh kelkar wrote:

Hi ,

I am a PostgreSQL user who wants to create multiple instances of PostgreSQL database server. I am using PostgreSQL 9.4 and above.

I tried to create more than 2 instances on Linux environment in which I was successful. But, for windows environment, I tried with the help of pgAdmin4 and with the help of commands (initdb and some more commands.) In both cases , there is some issue related to the ports. Please find the attached screenshot for the reference.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Hi, I am not sure of your requirements but you can alternatively run a single database cluster with multiple databases. So run the cluster on a single port as in the vanilla windows installation, and then use "CREATE DATABASE dbname;" for each database you need.

Ignore this if it is not what you are asking :)