On 11/13/2016 11:40 PM, Cynthia Hombakazi Ngejane wrote:

Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

9.3
it just says syntax error near (

Can you show the actual complete error?

I have a variable QByteArray that stores the fingerprint data, then:
I am using QString Query = "insert into tableName(colName) values
(:valName)";

What is the actual value of :valName?

In other words is it the raw value or has it been escaped per here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/datatype-binary.html

prepare the query;
then query.bindValue;

lastly query.exec();