On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:00:16 +0100 (CET)
Marcin Giedz <marcin.gi...@arise.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know any reliable open source HA solution with stream replication
> and IP live migration in case of master node failure? Recently I've been
> attending Fujitsu PostgreSQL webinar and they presented so called "mirroring
> controler" + sync stream replication . I'm wondering if this combines of
> regular stream replication + some kind of keepalive mechanism ?

You should look at PostgreSQL Automatic Failover project:

  http://dalibo.github.io/PAF/

It relies on the Pacemaker project, the industry reference for HA under Linux.

Make sure to consult the documentation, especially the quick starts:

  http://dalibo.github.io/PAF/documentation.html

Installation: http://dalibo.github.io/PAF/install.html

Here is some conference slides including video of demos:

  http://www.dalibo.org/_media/2016-pgconfeu-paf.html.gz

PAF only requiers streaming replication between nodes. Whether you want it sync
or async is your choice.

2.0 is perfect for production. 2.1 with minor improvements should be out before
2017 hopefully (see github commit history if curious).

It appears PAF 2.0 (or 2.1 if released before 2017) might be included in
Debian 9. There is a pending discussion with a Debian packager.

Regards,
--
Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
Dalibo