Greetings,

* Job (j...@colliniconsulting.it) wrote:
> >>The mat view takes longer and longer to update because it runs the full
> >>query.  What you really want to do is have a side-table that you update
> >>regularly with appropriate SQL to issue UPDATE statements for just the
> >>current day (or whatever).
>
> If correct, i leave only last datas into "side-table" and syncronize only
> these datas in the materialized view.
> If i delete datas from the side-table (ex- truncate) during the next
> materialized view update they will be lost or remain intact?

I was suggesting that you, essentially, write your own SQL to have a
materialized view, *not* use the PG materialized view system.

In other words, the 'side-table' that you create would be *your*
materialized view, but to PG, it'd just look like a regular table.

You can't modify a PG materialized view.

Thanks!

Stephen