Greetings,

* Merlin Moncure (mmonc...@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Julian Paul <d...@psyrium.com.au> wrote:
> > I hope that particular stereotypes aren't proven here, but it appears
> > #postgresql encourages a particular tier and makes aware of it's rigid
> > hierarchy. I owe alot to #postgresql but not to these particular users, I've
> > perhaps been idle for too long and the channel has change for the worse,
> > well that's not my fault. I leave it with the community to sort out.
>
> I haven't been on irc much lately, but I've noticed this trend as well.

I'm on it pretty regularly, though I wasn't when the event which started
this thread happened, so I can't really speak to it and that's why I
hadn't responded.

In general, I feel like the channel is quite welcoming to newcomers, but
there is often a bit of a learning curve and when others point things
out that can sometimes be off-putting (not unlike our mailing lists..).

In any case, I'm happy to try and help out if people feel that there's
abusing of OPs or inappropriate behavior.

Thanks!

Stephen