03.02.2017 20:29, Andres Freund:
[...]
Could you use process monitor or such to see what the process is doing
while using a lot of CPU?

I'm not sure how to do this, especially considering that the process in
question is running as a service?

I don't think that stops you, if you have admin privileges.

Well, profiling postgres.exe is still beyond my capability at this time anyway. Instead, I'll try to prepare a most simple client application example for testing the behaviour in question so that anyone could run it easily. (And while working on such an example, maybe I'll get some more understanding of what is actually going on here.)

Thank you.

Nikolai