El 15/02/17 a las 13:27, John McKown escribió:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us <mailto:t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>>wrote:

    "=?UTF-8?Q?Leonardo_M._Ram=c3=a9?=" <l.r...@griensu.com
    <mailto:l.r...@griensu.com>> writes:
    > Hi, I'm looking for a FDW that allows listing a directory as a
    database
    > table allowing me to check if file exists, does anyonke know if
    such FDW
    > exists?.

    Why not use pg_ls_dir()?  An FDW would be mighty awkward to use
    for this
    purpose, even if one existed.

​It cannot be used for an arbitrary directory:
" Only files within the database cluster directory and the log_directory can be accessed. "​
​ref: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html​

                            regards, tom lane

​Personally, I don't know what use such a function would be. It would be executed on the _SERVER_, not the client. And that is probably why the pg_ls_dir() is restricted. If it weren't it could be a security (or privacy) violation.​

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Well, I need to check the existence of a file from a query/procedure. After posting I remembered I could do this with plperlu, I'm installing it right now.

Regards,
--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.