On 05/16/2017 04:36 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
On 15/05/2017 00:17, Martin Goodson wrote:

Tomorrow I'll have to see about getting that set-up on an RHEL 7 box :)

Thank you so much, everybody, for your help! It's been invaluable!

Regards,

Martin.

*Sigh*. And things were going so well. With Adrian and Devrim's help I was able to get repmgr compiled on my little ubuntu box at home, and I cheerfully went into work on Monday all ready to get things compiled nicely.

I forwarded Devrim's list of redhat/CentOS packages needed to my Unix support colleagues, who installed the libraries listed. I've now got nothing telling me such and such is missing. I now have this instead:

That list would be:
systemd
libxslt-devel
pam-devel
openssl-devel
readline-devel
libmemcached-devel
libicu-devel

Did you also install?:

krb5-devel
libedit-devel

$ PATH=/db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/bin:$PATH make USE_PGXS=1 clean all
rm -f *.o
rm -f repmgrd
rm -f repmgr
make -C sql clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pginst/repmgr-3.3.1/sql'

rm -f repmgr_funcs.so   librepmgr_funcs.a  librepmgr_funcs.pc
rm -f repmgr_funcs.sql
rm -f repmgr_funcs.o

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pginst/repmgr-3.3.1/sql'

gcc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith

/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.1.0.0, needed by /db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/lib/libpq.so, may conflict with libssl.so.10

Not sure this is an issue, still see below.

What does

ldd /db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/lib/libpq.so

show?

And:

whereis libssl.so

/lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: undefined reference to `ber_sockbuf_io_udp'

Is that the end of the messages or are there more after the above?

I've forwarded that to our UNIX support team, just in case this is some manner of known issue - and they've come back today saying, essentially, we got nothing :)

FWIW, I'm trying this on a tiny virtual development server running RHEL 7.2 with 2 cpus and 4gb of RAM. PostgreSQL was built using the EnterpriseDB installer and is in /db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3.

So above when you said your colleagues installed the packages for you, was that on the host or the virtual machine?

Any ideas? Is this a new thing, an existing issue that's popped up before, or (yet again! :) ) a case of me missing something that is blindingly obvious to everyone else?

Regards,

Martin.
--
Martin Goodson