Harry Ambrose <harry.ambr...@gmail.com> writes:
> I have been following the updates to the 9.4 branch hoping a fix will appear,
> but sadly no luck yet. I have manually replicated the issue on 9.4.4, 9.4.10
> and 9.4.12. My replication steps are:

This is a very interesting report, but you didn't actually provide a
reproducer, just a handwavy outline.  If you submit a script that
makes this happen, we will most definitely look into it.  But
people aren't going to be excited about trying to reverse-engineer
a test case out of a vague description.

> I also found the following has been reported:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20161201165505.4360.28...@wrigleys.postgresql.org

That person never came back with a self-contained test case, either.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

                        regards, tom lane