> On Jun 9, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/09/2017 02:01 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
>>> On Jun 9, 2017, at 3:52 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 06/09/2017 01:31 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
>>>

>> By temporary tables I mean just regular table not tables created by "create
>> temporary table" . I should have been more precise. We call them temporary
>> since we do drop them after all is said and done. Maybe we should change the
>> way we call them
>
> You will want to look at this before making that decision:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-createtable.html
>
> Temporary Tables
>

> Basically, temporary tables are session specific.

I noticed that, but since we use multiple schemas can not have a session temp
table in non temp schema

We have those in place for a specific reason in case we mess some processing in
between and we want to be able to have the data which we started with.

>> 9.5 but considering I can track what auto vacuum does I was thinking to use
>> that as a reason to the upgrade advantage
>
> It is nice, you just have to weigh against what effect the other changes:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html
>
> might have on your setup.

As of now I don’t think we have a draw back per se. We are poised to go live on
Postgres soon though so I was thinking maybe have this upgrade done before
going live ? Just a thought