The following command was run and the content of content_file, signature_file
and id_rsa.pub (or pem) are inserted into a Postgres database.

openssl dgst -sign id_rsa content_file > signature_file

Is there any way to verify that the signature corresponds with the
content/public key within Postgres?

I have looked at the
pgcrypto<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/pgcrypto.html>
functions however the only relevant function seems to be pgp_pub_decrypt which
requires the secret key.

Basically I am looking to perform the following in Postgres:

openssl dgst -verify .\id_rsa.pem -signature .\signature_file .\content_file

I am not married to using the openssl dgst commands, I would also feel
comfortable using gpg -sign. I would prefer not to load untrusted libraries
(plpythonu etc) or create a C extension if possible.

Thanks, Jon