On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:10 PM, DrakoRod <drakofla...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> Today I had a problem with production's database PostgreSQL version
> 9.4.4.9.
> The server have max_connections set to 200, but today I reviewed
> pg_stat_activity and saw 199 active connections, obviously the server
> rejected any new connection and the production stopped.
>
> I saw another posts with a similar problems, but this was because the
> pg_xlog was full or disk does'nt write, but the directory and disk  had no
> problems.
>
> I just canceled some SELECTs querys and the server returned to normality.
> Now a monitoring activity of server and I can see some backends like this:
>
> postgres  9737 23340  2 14:55 ?        00:00:15 postgres: dbname user
> 8.8.8.8[37082] idle in transaction
> postgres  9741 23340  9 14:55 ?        00:00:47 postgres: dbname user
> 8.8.8.8[54286] idle in transaction
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> -----
> Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastarĂ¡.
> Rozvo Ware Solutions
> --

*Are you asking how to track down the user using up all the connection?
With the information you provided that cannot. be down.*

*If you are asking how to prevent problems in the future, then install
Pg_Bouncer and use that to pool connections.https://pgbouncer.github.io/
<https://pgbouncer.github.io/>*
--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you