On 07/01/2017 11:31 PM, rajan wrote:
Hi,

I have a cloned repository of postgres and I want to compile the source for
*REL_10_BETA1* alone.

Or just go here and grab the tarball:

https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v10beta1/

Following are the steps I am planning to do,
-> git checkout -b rel10beta1 REL_10_BETA1 (and verifying current branch is
newly created one)

Is there a reason you want to start a new branch and not just checkout the existing branch?

-> Execute ./configure --prefix=/opt/PostgreSQL/10beta --with-pgport=6432
--enable-integer-datetimes --enable-thread-safety --enable-debug
-> And then make and make install

--enable-integer-datetimes --enable-thread-safety are the default so they do not need to be specified. In fact in 10 you can't create float datetimes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/release-10.html
"

Remove support for floating-point datetimes/timestamps (Tom Lane)

This removes configure's --disable-integer-datetimes option. Floating-point datetimes/timestamps have not been the default since Postgres 8.3 and have few advantages.
"

Will the above steps work? Please assist.

-----
--
Thanks,
Rajan.