On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Emi <em...@encs.concordia.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running psql table updates() by using
> org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobDetailFactoryBean
> cronjob from web application. Got the following exception:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: terminating connection due to
> administrator command
>

> Re-run the same cronjob several times, and cannot re-generate the error.
>
> May I know what might cause the above error message please? And which log
> file(online doc) could help provide more detail information about this
> please?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> --
> psql version: PostgreSQL 8.3.18 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>

> --

This says it all:  "terminating connection due to administrator command"
It means someone killed your session, either from the command line with
kill {the pid}  or with SELECT pg_terminate_backend(pid);

*https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-SIGNAL
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-SIGNAL>*
--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you