>you could just create an event trigger looking for CREATE TABLE as
filter_value:

I have tried that. Unfortunately, I have been unable to extract the table
name from the event because TG_TABLE_NAME is not
available during an event trigger, albeit perhaps I am missing something?
That being said, I still believe it is extra work that could easily be
avoided and should be added to the postgresql catalogs simply to be
more feature competitive with  Oracle & SQL Server, as well as a boost to
the PostgreSQL community.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you