On 11/17/2017 02:23 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
On 11/17/2017 12:19 PM, marcelo wrote:
Sorry, I was not exact.
I don't need nor like to change pg_dump. Rather, based on pg_dump code, I need to develop a daemon which can receive a TCP message (from a privileged app) containing some elements: the database to dump, the user under which do that, and his password. (My apps are using that same data, of course, encripted to the common users).

I would just fork pg_dump to do the actual dump rather than try and incorporate its source code into your app.

Specifically, do you mean to write a simple daemon which forks pg_dump at the appropriate time?