At 16/10/01 14.00, you wrote:
>Does the python interface leak memory? We are seeing the process grow
>with basically every select. Any suggestions on what's going on? There
>are no cycles, and a trivial program (basically a loop around a select)
>demonstrates the problem.
>
>This is 7.1.2 on RH7.[01].
>
>         Stephen

The python interface stores query datas in memory. If you don't clean such
datas, the used memory will grow up...

If this is not the case, try the PoPy postgres driver for Python
(http://popy.sourgeforge.net or
http://freshmeat.net/redir/popy/8258/url_tgz/PoPy-2.0.7.tar.gz ).

Regards,

Doct. Eng. Denis
Gasparin                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Programmer & System
Administrator                                http://www.edistar.com
                              Well alas we've seen it all before
                               Knights in armour, days of yore
                          The same old fears and the same old crimes
                            We haven't changed since ancient times

                               -- Iron Hand -- Dire Straits --

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster