Tablespaces are the closest thing. They were introduced in 8.0:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-createtablespace.html

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

On Mar 9, 2005, at 10:31 AM, FERREIRA William (COFRAMI) wrote:

hi

does the table partitionning exists under PostgreSQL ? or maybe an alternative exists ?

Oracle implements this system : it allows to spread rows on differents partitions depending on an attribute.
For example, my application store xml documents in database, an the partitionning is used to spread the differents documents on differents partitions.

thanks

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq