While we run PostgreSQL on Free-BSD for our production systems, we have 'demo' laptop windows XP systems that contain the entire server architecture (application server, database, win32 client, etc). Sure is handy to be able to run PostgreSQL on windows and not have to change anything......

PostgreSQL on Windows has 2 uses. It is for developers to play around with, and it is for smaller businesses with few connections to use. One you need to scale, you will probably have to go to Linux, BSD, etc.