On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 13:54:05 +0200,
  Matthias Loitsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So I thought I could make a foreign key on a different Schema (db), and
> use the same table....
>
> And well, thats where I started to search if this is possible ... and,
> in fact my main question is: Is this a good idea?
> I have no idea if this will be fast enough, or if I will have lots of
> problems afterward....
>
> Could anyone help me with this ?

Schemas are just a name space, so using foreign keys accross schemas
shouldn't be a problem.

However, it you later put the contents of the schema on other server
or even in another database, then you are going to need to make a copy
of the data as you can't make foreign key references outside of
the current database.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend