To improve compatibility, I created a backup on the linux system (8.0.1) using plain format, data only with triggers disabled. However, when I try to restore the plain sql on the windows machine (8.0.3) it fails because the first insert command fails a foreign key constraint. Can I disable foreign key checks for the duration of the restore?

Howard
www.selestial.com

Howard Cole wrote:

Hi,

Should it be possible to create a compressed backup of a version 8.0.1 database running on linux and restore that backup on version 8.0.3 running on XP? I ask this because it does not seem to work for me. Many problems seem to arise to do with tsearch2 extensions to tables, even though tsearch2 is installed on the XP machine.

The backup was created using pgAdminIII.

Howard.
www.selestial.com