D A GERM wrote:

I have been trying to write an sql statement that returns the same hours in a time stamp no matter what the date. I can to pull same hours on the the same days but have not been able to figure out how to pull all the same hours no matter what the date.

Here is the one sql statement I have been using:
SELECT COUNT(time_stamp) FROM table WHERE time_stamp BETWEEN 20050629100000 and 20050631100000;

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced for any help

You can do something like
SELECT count(*)
FROM table
where date_part('hour', timestamp) in (10, 11)

This query is going to require a seq scan, so if you're running it frequently you can make an index on date_part('hour', timestamp)

Jeff

              http://archives.postgresql.org