It really isn't neccessary. That said, there is *something* going on with your db, so it might be prudent to figure out what it is.
Thanks, Robert. Actually, I noted that each time I ran my backup script, the OID mentioned in the error was bigger than previous number.

Before I run the reindexdb program, I am running the vacuumlo (from contrib). Just by putting a sleep 5 between the two commands, I cannot reproduce the error. If I remove the sleep, then the error happens again. Clearly, there's something "left over" from vacuumlo that reindexdb is finding.

Any thoughts on that observation?

Thanks,
David

      match