LLC wrote:
Hi List;

I've created a plperlu (perl untrusted) function with the ability to use
dbi. I can use the code listing below to return data if I specify the
query as follows:

select * from sybase_get2() as (f1 varchar(100), f2 varchar(100));

However, I have to specify the column names as f1 and f2.
I want to turn this into a generic solution where I can eventually pass in
the SQL. For now I just want to be able to specify any column names I want
in the "as" part of the above query.

Any Ideas?

Use a type to define the output columns, then you can call the function
like this:

select * from sybase_get2()

not need to us AS

See the examples on this page on how to use a type with a plperl function:

http://www.commandprompt.com/community/pgdocs81/plperl-database

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design