On Jul 11, 2006, at 7:43 AM, zordax wrote:

I have funny problem, which i don't understand. I'm adding new users to PostgreSQL with some password (for example : "aaaaaa") and i can't log in any database. But after that i change password to "bbbbbb" and i can log in. Some passwords are good, and some are bad. And it depends on user too (for one user "aaaaaa" is good, and for another it is not).

What tool are you using to create users/passwords? If you are using a GUI tool, have you tried to replicate the problem using psql?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

              http://archives.postgresql.org