On 9/21/06, stevethames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ok, thanks, Jeff.
This is not a critical problem.  Just annoying.  I'll wait for 8.2.
BTW, while I can see the reason for adding the IF EXISTS clause to the
language for checking the existence of objects, wouldn't it be easier to
simply provide the PL/PgSQL language for script loading?  Then it would be
possible to create scripts for database maintainance that could be run
periodically without having to make them functions stored in the database.
Just a thought.

Or, more importantly, be able to commit within a procedure, i.e.
make a LOOP which will COMMIT every 1000th iteration.  Would
be great for scripting maintenance activities.

  Regards,
     Dawid