24.

Benjamin

On Mar 21, 2007, at 9:09 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Benjamin Arai wrote:
True, but what happens when my database reaches 100 terabytes? Is 5
seconds ok? How about 10?  My problem is that I do not believe the
performance loss I am experiencing as the data becomes large is (log the
# of records).  This worries me because I could be doing something
wrong.  Or I might be able to do something better.

Well a couple of things you could do, especially if you have the ability
to throw hardware at it.

How many spindles do you have?

Benjamin