Hi,

If you are looking for a SoC idea, I have listed a couple below. I am not sure how good of an idea they are but I have ran into the following limitations and probably other people have as well in the past.

1. Can user based priorities be implemented as a summer project? To some extent it has already been implemented in research (http:// www.cs.cmu.edu/~bianca/icde04.pdf), so it is definitely possible and scalable.

2. Distributed full-text indexing. This one I am really not sure how possible it is but (TSearch2) very scalable (cannot do multi terabyte fulltext indexes). Maybe some sort system could be devised to perform fulltext searches over multiple systems and merge the ranked results at some root node.

Benjamin